Translate my posts in to any language

Thursday 23 May 2019

Rosacea awareness

So this was meant to go up in april but as per usual it didn't go up when planned but its a post a still want people to read so im putting it up now.

I didn't know this was a thing until i stumbled across Lex's Instagram page it really did open my eyes to just how many people have rosacea including myself as until a few years ago i didn't know why my face was constantly red and worse when i have a flare up .

This maybe the post im scared to post and it sounds so silly but i hate my face without a foundation on and showing pictures of my basically naked face scares me a little as very few have seen it.

I always know when im getting a flare up as my skin gets very dry and itchy.

What is Rosacea ?

It's a skin condition that creates irregular facial flushing, which can lead to over time persistent facial redness , visible blood vessels , paubles and pustles and thicken of the skin. You can also get irritated and dry eyes.

What causes Rosacea ?

The exact cause is unknown but it is believed to be more common with people who have pink toned skin or fair skin. It is more common in family's although its not clear which genes if any how they are passed on but my mum dad and brother are fine and have 'normal skin'

what does my Rosacea look like ?

I have a red patch on my forehead and chin and a butterfly affect across my nose and cheeks. (you'll get what i mean when you see the pictures at the bottom of this post.

How did i find out i had Rosacea ?

When i was about 20 ish i went to the drs as i was fed up with how red my skin was no matter what i tried the redness never went away and it was making me depressed it doesn't help that i was/still am slightly over weight and when my face went red i would think that everyone who looked at me would think i was really unfit when in reality im not the fittest but could run away if someone was chasing me. Getting off track but would it be a becki blog post if i didnt lol. After talking to my dr he told me i had Rosacea he gave me a prescription for Rozex cream and gave me links to pages i might find helpful. There is no test for it your dr will look at your skin and decide there and then if you do or dont.

Skincare for Rosacea

Im going to be honest i still dont have this down as i can have a great skincare for months then something will irritate my face and i will have to switch stuff out but at the moment i am using the simply pure range and the naturally radiant range from superdrug and they dont irritate me. I dont use anything specifically for Rosacea as i used the two tubes of Rozex he gave me and they didn't seem to do anything.


Covering Redness with makeup

Green concealer is my best friend when doing a full face of makeup think Elphaba from wicked my favorite at the moment is Revolution Conceal & Correct Green it blends out flawlessly and doesn't leave a grey cast on your face like many others i have tried.

Full coverage foundation - i have tried so many foundations and my favorites at the moment are the seventeen stay foundation unfortunately it has been discounted but i bought a stock of them from boots months ago and the other one i really like is the Revlon Color Stay Foundation

I also use a beauty blender as i find it doesn't drag the skin like a brush does.

I will say with these photos im not smiling because i genuinely dont like my face naked so all the photos look like i have resting bitch face lol.
























Becki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger