Translate my posts in to any language

Monday 12 December 2016

Blogmas day 9 - Family Christmas Meal


Iv just got back from our annual family christmas meal. I love being able to see the female side of the family all in one place - My auntie was the one who decided that it was females only a while ago and i think it flows nicely as we all have fun and theirs no one making out in the corner lol. Our family christmas meal takes place every year at the Norton in Sheffield and they have just re done it which looks amazing but the pub was packed and i didn't feel comfortable whipping my camera out and having all eyes on me yey social anxiety. I only have pictures of my meal and the crackers but i wanted to do this blog post so i am lol.  

 Tried prosseco for the first time have to say dont get what all the hype is about i didnt like it at all.
 My starter was amazing (: it did have milk in but i just took one lactase tablet and i was fine (: id have the starter again. It did come with lettuce but my mum eyed that up and ate it. 



I wouldn't have the Christmas dinner from the Norton again i went large for a extra 1.50 and as my cousin said go large or go home. it was suppose to come with a Yorkshire pudding as you can it did not. I also asked for no carrots parsnips or sprouts it came with all 3 they did take the sprouts off but left the others which is annoying as if i had been allergic to either of them then i wouldn't off been able to eat my dinner at all due to cross contamination. The peas were hard and chewy and i dont know what was up with the pig in blanket but it didn't taste like any pigs in blankets iv ever eaten. The turkey looked like it could fly away if it wasn't held down with the roast potato. The roast potatoes were the best thing about it and even they were out of a frozen bag. Cant comment on the gravy as i didnt use it.Would not recommend to anyone.

There is no desert picture as with my lactase tablets i can only take 3 a day and used the other two with my main course which was wasted. All the deserts either had milk in or had cream or ice cream which is a big no no for me. 

All in all the night was a good night with lots of laughs and it was nice seeing the female side of my family id have the starter again 100% but not the main. 


becki x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger